Setup and Run – Ubuntu 18.04
In order to have a better understanding of how the installation and running are performed, we have provided a demo. Please have a look at the following video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2tfxW4d9JY&list=PLtM7SGM_A-dtEmSbpKtk9oeeJoiUdqPoJ&index=7
- Download Installer
- Put the file where ever you want the simplus package to be installed.
- Go to the interested folder, right-click and open the terminal then write:
- sudo sh installer_v4.sh
- Please press Y or Enter whenever the script asked.
Go to the
simplus_vrep/simplus_ubuntu directory, right-click and open the terminal then write
sudo sh simplus.sh
You should see the Simplus panel then:
First, choose your programming language and then choose your file from where ever it is on your computer and then press upload
This is a necessary step if you are using the C/C++ programming language, although it will run your python client and print the errors in case your code is not working well.
Press this button every time you want to “Run” the competition again. It will make you sure that all the previous Runs are killed and everything is ready for a new Run!
First, press the “Run client” server and then after a few seconds press the “Run Server” button. Now you should see the robot move and do its task in the world.
Run Scratch client
Press the “Run Server” button then follow the below steps:
- Go to https://scratchx.org/?url=https://Robocup-simplus.github.io/simplus.js#scratch (wait till the extension loads)
- Simplus blocks are located in the “More Blocks” tab and you can drag and drop them to the right scene
- In order to use the sample project, from the top menu click on
load projectand select the
In case you had any problems with the above information, visit the “Troubleshoot Setup and Run – Ubuntu 18.04“